Ice Skating at Lakeside at Prospect Park
- DATE: June 27, 2014
- TIME: 9:00am - 10:00pm
- PRICE: $5-$13
- ADDRESS: 1 Grand Army Plaza Brooklyn, NY
Open Year- Round: Mon-Thur, 11am-6pm | Fri-Sat, 9am-10pm | Sun, 9am-8pm
Two ice skating rinks, one open and one covered, providing 32,000 square feet of skating surface
- Warm weather activities such as roller skating and water play
- 15,000 square feet of landscaped viewing terraces
- Pedal boat rentals
- Year-round café with a seating area
Entry to the LeFrak Center, café, and restrooms is free.
Skating Rink Admission: $6/person weekdays, $8/person weekends and holidays
Free Admission (for children 12 and under): Mondays 3 – 6 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Skate Rental: $5
Upsilon Ventures has planned some weekend winter fun with a robust schedule of family-friendly activities, hands-on entertainment and performances that are free and open to the public beginning Saturday, December 21 at 11 a.m.
Festivities kick off on Saturday with a diverse array of events presented by Brooklyn’s newest family magazine OFFSPRiiNG, and partners like:
· Yoga instruction by Bend & Bloom YOGA
· Brooklyn Children's Theater teaching theater songs and dance
· Group class with Taro’s Origami
· Ample Hills Creamery teaching children how to churn ice cream via a bicycle
· A performance by Puppetsburg, Williamsburg’s premier puppeteers
· Winter-themed arts and crafts by Wildlife Conservation Society New York Kids Club
· A performance by rock-n-roll kid-friendly musical groups Frolic, Rolie Polie Guacamole, and Mil’s Trills
Lakeside guests can expect the pleasant sounds of musical performances by Hip Tot Music Fest’s Rolie Polie Guacamole and Mil’s Trills Brooklyn Youth Marching Band, Soul Tigers, music from Radio Disney, as well as free face painting, Disney on Ice ticket giveaways, and more.
Visitors can enjoy family yoga with Jaya Yoga Center as well as a reading of local Brooklyn author and resident Amy Herrick’s novel “The Time Fetch,” which takes place in Prospect Park. Sunday will also boast special appearances by local, aspiring skaters and live performances by Junior and Novice Team USA Synchronized Skating teams, hockey demonstrations courtesy of Brooklyn Blades, and thrilling, family-friendly ice sports like ice golf and curling demonstrations from The Long Island Curling Club.
Additionally, Über has partnered with Lakeside to provide new Über users with a free ride (up to $20 off) to or from Lakeside at Prospect Park. Attendees can enjoy this promotion by downloading the free Über app for iPhone/Android and Blackberry, entering the promo code (LAKESIDEBK) on the Über cards provided to attendees during the weekend and requesting a pickup.
All grand opening weekend events will conclude at 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Weekend skating at Lakeside is $8 per person and the rinks will stay open for skating until 10 p.m. on Saturday and 8 p.m. on Sunday.